Like most Americans, money is tight this holiday season. Lucky me, I have a closet full of fabric I have collected with visions of fancy creations I have never completed! Therefore, I am trying my best to make a few handmade gifting-worthy presents this year. So if you have been wondering what I am up to or you've heard a weird racket while talking to me on the phone, my sewing machine has been running full-force!

Mommy, please stop sewing and pay attention to me!

I'm eating crayons and I still get no attention!

I love making these hooded bath towels out of a bath towel and hand towel. Thanks to JCPenney for sending me two $10 off $10 coupons because I have gotten 3 bath towels and 3 hand towels for $2.11! They are so big and plush I almost wish I hadn't made them for the kids! I added a little fun to the towel with her initial and trim around the hood.

In the off chance someone other than my wonderful family members is visiting this site and wants to know how I learned to make this, visit
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2007/11/29/hooded-towel-tutorial/
This one is for Cooper because I actually gave David his right after I made it because i was so proud of myself! I always wanted to use some of my old uniforms because (1) they take up alot of space and (2) they hold special memories. So this towel got an old rank stripe and some camo on the hood.

These are the greatest because I know they will get used a TON! I used $1 hand towels from WM. Notice the little row for crayons at the bottom? I appliqued a birdie on the pocket too. This is for the most special little girl I know! Visit
http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot.com/2009/08/kids-art-apron-from-dishtowel-tutorial.html, if you would like to learn to make one too!

This one is for Cooper and it is a mini version although I don't know what happened because the one I made for David (not pictured) is just about as little!

This is one of the best sewing jobs and most intricate (not including those dreaded cloth diapers I sewed) project I have ever completed! It came out a little smaller than I had expected but I just love it. I am not telling you who this is for but I know she will love it!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment